- Lectures 30
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 15 day
- Skill level Mid Level
- Language English
- Students 5
- Assessments Yes
Development has much in common with the playing of music. Every part of a web application should work correctly and integrally to respond to user’s needs. The same way as every single instrument should flawlessly perform its part to make the whole musical composition sound harmoniously.
If you have not already guessed, we started with such comparison to introduce you the technology with the most melodious name Symfony.
Today, 82.8% of all the websites in the world are created with PHP programming language.
A web application or website can be built in pure PHP or with one of its frameworks. It depends on the level of complexity of the application, timeframes of development, the experience of coders, and some other factors.
Symfony ranked 3rd in popularity after Laravel and CodeIgniter. Many advantages of Symfony framework are listed on the official website. But if you want an outside point of view, we’ll share our expert vision.
WHAT IS A FRAMEWORK AND WHY DO YOU NEED IT?
A framework is a collection of universal, reusable programs that accomplish particular tasks to facilitate the development of software applications.
Metaphorically, it is a skeleton, carcass or basement for a web application or website development. The same way as you buy an empty house and fill it with furniture, developers take a framework and fill it with modules of features.
Using a framework is not a must, but it is a good practice to make the coder’s life simpler. The reasons to use a framework are:
- Faster development. You can save two or three days of work when reusing generic components that go out-of-box. The saved time can be dedicated to developing of specific features.
- Easier maintainability. Using a framework imposes a certain structure and common rules to follow. Thus, it won’t be a problem for a new developer or team to join the ongoing project.
- Fewer issues. The framework code is clear and proven which reduces the number of mistakes.
- Better security. The framework components are supported with timely upgrades and enhancement of security.
There is probably no good answer which solution suits better for your project. You can read tons of researches and still do not receive a clear vision. Any tool can be equally good or bad depending on people who use it. When you make a choice, let the following idea lead you:
A framework means nothing without a developer who is good in it. If you find an excellent specialist, it won’t really matter which framework to use as far as he/she is proficient in it.
- Trainees should have basic knowledge in HTML, CSS and PHP Programming.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Concepts.
Introduction to ADO.NET
ADO.NET Connections (Web offering only)
DataReaders and Connected Access
Data Sets and Disconnected Access
More About DataSets
XML and ADO.NET (Not covered in the Windows and Web offerings)
Concurrency and Transactions
New Features in ADO.NET
LINQ to ADO.NET
0.00 average based on 0 ratings